Tuesday, December 25, 2007

White Christmas

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, just like the ones I used to know
where treetops glisten and children listen
to hear sleigh bells in the snow.
Today, Christmas has been filled with snow. On our way to grandma's, the sun was glaring off the white blanket that coated the countryside. And on our way home, big flakes blasted against our windshield, making visibility virtually non-existent for nearly ten miles.
Tree tops glistened with the new dusting of white powder. I didn't hear any sleigh bells, but the current snow looks fluffy and light; maybe sledding will be a possibility tomorrow.
I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, with every Christmas card I write
May your days be merry and bright
And may all your Christmases be white
For the first time in about 10 years, I mailed Christmas cards on December 1. It felt like a miracle! Wishing for all days to be merry and bright shouldn't just be a holiday sentiment. Bright, sunny days - literally and metaphorically - keep most of us sane and positive. And a white Christmas might not always be possible, but it certainly gives it festive mood.
Happy Holidays

No comments: