Friday, December 28, 2007

December 28 weird and wacky celebrations

It's National Chocolate Day, although other sources also said Monday was National Chocolate Day. What to do? Eat chocolate on both days.

No Interruptions Day. Yeah, right. Like I can make it through....excuse me. I have to help feed calves and I'll be back as soon as I'm finished. Yup, that's a typical interruption here on the farm. I can't imagine a day without an interruption. Either I need to run and get parts, run and catch cattle that have escaped from the pasture, or run and fix something to eat or drink.

National Card Playing Day. This is one of my favorite memories from growing up. After a big family get together and lunch, my grandparents, aunts, and uncles would gather round the card table and either play bridge or mean game of 10 point pitch. Cards have an interesting history; they were invented in China. The International Playing Card Society offers a thorough history.

No comments: