Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Catching Up On Food Holidays

Ever celebrated a food holiday? In December, 19 days are designated national "whatever the food of the day is" day. I'll play catch up through today and give you some ideas.

December 1st - National Pie Day. To select a favorite pie would be difficult. It depends on the season. (I'm having deja vu and think I wrote about this day earlier.)

December 2 - National Fritters Day and Eat A Red Apple Day. Combine the two and have National Eat a Red Apple Fritter Day. I guess that's a possibility.

December 4 - National Cookie Day. I like cookies. They remind me of my Grandma Larson. She made the best cookies. Ok, she actually made the best everything, but her chocolate chip cookies were yummy! So soft and moist. I remember when I was little: our neighbors were over and their daughter and I had a cookie eating contest. I ate 19 of grandma's chocolate chip cookies. They were good, but I had a terrible stomach ache the next day. Probably the sugar overload.

December 5 - National Sacher Torte Day. I understand that this has been the most famous cake since 1832. Then why haven't I ever tried it before? Maybe I will whip one up for Christmas. It sounds good: chocolate cake, apricot jam filling, and dark chocolate icing.

No comments: