Friday, December 21, 2007

She's Finally Graduating!

It seems like a long 5 1/2 years, but when I look back on that period of time, I think there have just been so many events that occurred during this time frame that it seems like it took a lifetime.

Here's my reason to celebrate on December 22. My oldest daughter is graduating from UNL. And this momma couldn't be any prouder!!

There was a semester at another school in Lincoln. I think it was good for her to experience that, even though I never saw that college as a true fit for her, her personality, her ambitions. And then a transfer to UNL, which turned into a very good move.

During these 5 1/2 years, there was a wedding, four funerals, a part-time job that meant full-time hours, a paid internship that turned into a full-time job, induction into the Sociology honorary, and a myriad of tailgate parties.

Plus things I'm sure a daughter doesn't want her mother to know.

But I must say that this is a milestone I'm happy to take part in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, after reading this I can truthfully say the WHOLE family is proud of her accomplishments. She has always been an overachiever but has stuck with things and gone out and made her own way....sort of like her MOM....apple didn't fall very far from the tree there.
As grandparents we are equally as proud of her. It is always so gratifying to sit back and watch your children and grandchildren achieve what they want to. She is happy in her job, her marriage and since I haven't had the opportunity to attend one of the "tailgate" parties, can't really say anything but they sure sound like fun. She feels for other people....real empathy but can be hard at the same time. Speaks her mind most of the time.
Hope you enjoyed the graduation and sorry that we couldn't be there. It is 1:48 AM and the WIND is howling outside. It came up about 11:30.