Tuesday, December 18, 2007

December 18 holidays worth noting....

One week til Christmas. Do you have your shopping completed? I haven't started. Call me a procrastinator. I'll get it done though because we don't have our family Christmas until December 29!!

On to today's holidays that are wacky, bizarre, or just a little bit strange.

It's International Migrants Day. This is a U.N. sanctioned event. On this day in 1990, the U.N. adopted the International Convention on the Protection of the Rights of all Migrant Workers and Members of their Families.

Hungry? Why not celebrate National Roast Suckling Pig Day. I have visions of a Hawaiian beach, a pig, complete with apple in its snout, roasting on a spit above an open fire. No Jack Frost nipping at our nose.

If you prefer sweets to meat, then Bake Cookies Day should make you jump for joy. I baked some yesterday, but I'll probably make more Christmas cookies today. I'm thinking peppermint shortbreads.

No comments: