Thursday, December 13, 2007

December 13 celebrations

Today is Violin Day. The violin is one of the sweetest sounding instruments. It can take on a funky tone, like in Charlie Daniel's Devil Went Down to Georgia or it can be hauntingly melodious, like in a classical piece. I had a student last year who played the violin and accompanied the school choir. He was very good and it was interesting to see how the other kids reacted to him. That's not something you see every day at a small rural school.

It's also National Cocoa Day. To celebrate, I'm sipping a cup of fat-free cocoa, with a few marshmallows. I'm also going to whip up a batch of cocoa snickerdoodles. They are quite delicious!

Some sources say today is Ice Cream Day. Now most people celebrate this the 3rd Sunday in July, but some sources also say today is ice cream day. Personally, it's too chilly here to enjoy ice cream right now. But if I had to eat some, I would prefer Rocky Road.

No comments: