Saturday, January 5, 2008

Organic cocktails?

So, I'm perusing through some old press releases, trying to sort out the bad from some possible story topics, and I happen upon one for an organic cocktail mix. That's right. Organic cocktail mix. I checked out the website. I'm not saying I wouldn't buy the mix, because, hey, I like pomegranate and cosmopolitans, and a mojito hits the spot every once in a while.

But then I just started laughing. Because I'm sure everyone makes a conscious attempt to purchase organic vodka. Or rum. FYI, the press release didn't mention using any organic alcohol.

Me? I'm a tequila girl, and to my knowledge, the only "organic" tequila is 4 Copas. Right. Like I'm willing to pay $65 for a 750 ml bottle of tequila.

I'm all for saving the environment and doing what I can to make the world a better place, but where's the organic craze going to stop? Organic cigarettes? Wait! That product is already available. And isn't it funny that people who are smoking are willing to pay extra bucks to smoke 100% certified organic tobacco and additive-free tobacco.

Wake up, folks. Just because a cigarette doesn't have any additives does not mean an organic cigarette is a safer cigarette.

No comments: