Tuesday, January 15, 2008

January 14 weird celebrations/holidays

I had to substitute yesterday, so I'm a day behind. And darn it, I missed the chance to talk about a favorite topic of mine: organization. Actually, I'm into organized chaos. When I taught full time, my desk proved that point, but if someone asked me for something, I knew exactly what pile to go to. Yes, my office now is better, but there's still room for improvement. It's called a filing cabinet!! :)

National Clean Off Your Desk Day. Yes, I've already discussed the topic above. But if you still feel the need to clean your desk, here are some pretty good ideas. But remember, an organized desk is a sign of a sick mind.

Organize Your Home Day. We are working on that one here at the farm. We just finished a new, huge garage. And just last week, we built a "mud room" that connects the garage and the house. The mud room will have a shower, so those muddy, dirty, cattle-smelling clothes don't have to come inside the house at the end of the day. There will also be a lot of storage available so I can clear out the hallway where boxes are still sitting from when we moved in. And, I'm hoping bro-in-law Ryan will find two skylights so I can create a relaxing atmosphere out there - besides the mud.

Assembly Line Worker's Day honors those who do a little shift work. Great song, Kenny Chesney and George Strait! I have never worked in a plant. OK, I'll rephrase that. I've never worked on the floor of a plant. I was a personnel and payroll assistant manager for a place, and I thought the people who worked in the plant did not earn enough money for the job they had to do.

Ratification Day.

No comments: