Sunday, January 20, 2008

January 20 wacky celebratiosn / holidays

Love music? Spend today celebrating your favorite DJ for National Disc Jockey Day. Do I have a favorite? I admit, I listen to a lot of different radio stations, but I primarily listen to US92 from Norfolk. They have wonderful, crazy, fun DJs on the air throughout the day. The morning show features Dave, Angie, and Jason (who is from my home town), and I like listening to them because they are unpredictable. One of the funniest moments was when the area turkey federation brought in some live turkeys and they jumped on the control panel. Hilarious!

But my favorite DJ at US92 would have to be Jay Johnson. He does the No-Repeat Drive at 5 and the Saturday Night Country Club. I like listening to Jay because he is a little crazy, likes the classics as well as the new stuff, and he knows how to have fun.

Today is also Inauguration Day. This is the day the President of the United States is sworn into office. Did you know that the day was originally held on March 4? The only exception to these dates is our first president - George Washington - who was sworn in on April 30.

World Religion Day fosters interfaith understanding and harmony by showing similarities in all religions.

And finally, Stay Young Forever Day is today. Isn't age a state of mind? I will tell my age. I'm 39. Kidding! I'm 46, but I feel like I'm in my 30s. My best friend always tells me I feel young because I taught and was around kids for so many years. I guess that might be true to an extent. But I still think it's a mind over matter thing. Plus, I guess I was blessed with genetics from my mom, because she certainly doesn't look her age, and I don't look mine, although I have noticed a few more wrinkles around my eyes, but I'll take care of that with a little Oil of Olay. No botox for this babe!

No comments: