Thursday, January 10, 2008

January 10 wacky holidays and celebrations

This day is the Islamic New Year Day. I did not realize that the Islamic calendar is 11 days shorter than the solar calendar. I learned something new today!! I love when that happens. Good information about this type of celebration can be found here. Interesting history and background information! And actually, the New Year celebration began yesterday at sundown.

The next reason to celebrate won't elicit jokes or wild celebrations, but it will make your pocketbook happy. National Cut Your Energy Costs Day is a time to evaluate whether your are wasting energy and natural resources in your home. Some basic energy savers worth trying are made available by Bank Rate. I'll be honest, I'm sure that a great deal of energy is wasted here on the farm. I hate to say it, but it's probably true. While I was perusing the list at BankRate, one definitely stood out to me: fix drippy faucets. Both our master shower and sink faucet leak. Terribly. We will need to get those fixed so we can save some cash.

No comments: