Let's check out my top 10 options:
- Queen Gorgo. Who? I'm fairly certain I won't dress up as someone I don't know.
- Elizabeth Swan (Pirates of the Caribbean). Isn't she dressed up like a man during most of the movie? Probably not a good choice.
- Bewitchingly Good Witch. Like Samantha? From Bewitched? Nicole Kidman or Elizabeth Montgomery? It would make a difference because they have different fashion sense. Not a bad possibility. I already own the broom. :)
- Dorothy (Wizard of Oz). I don't like dogs, so Toto couldn't follow me around. Plus, I'm not that naive or innocent.
- Princess Fiona (Shrek). Would I get to be the ogre Fiona or the beautiful Fiona? They're both lovely in their own ways, but it seems like a PMS mood-swing kind of day if I'd have to choose one of them.
- Princess Leia. Nope. Not into Sci-Fi (although I do like Star Wars). Plus, the cinna-bun hair doesn't do it for me.
- Daphne (Scooby Doo). She's a ditz. Enough said.
- Snow White. Sure. Like I want seven little men to follow me around all evening. Plus, I don't really care for apples, so....
- Mother Superior Nun. Some higher authority might object.
- Elegant pirate lady. Aargh! Pirates can be elegant?
Luckily, there are ten additional choices for women.
- Sexy Dorothy. The dress is too short and I'm afraid I'd fall wearing those five-inch ruby red slippers.
- Glitter Mermaid. Well, I do like water, but I wouldn't want to smell like fish all night.
- Pirate Wench. Not sure I like the pirate hat.
- Pretty Plumber. At least you wouldn't see any plumber's crack. But it's blue. Maybe if it came in pink.
- Wizard Wanda. Who's Wanda? I couldn't find a picture, so obviously not a valid choice.
- Teacher's Pet School Girl. Can I wear jeans instead of the parochial school plaid?
- French Maid. I'm allergic to dust.
- Bettie Page. If this really is Betty Boop, I'd consider it.
- Playboy Bunny. Been there. Wore the costume. St. Louis Playboy Club.
Luckily, I'm not sensing many options. Luckily, I don't have to worry about a costume. Luckily, I can just be myself.