But, like so many other things, the schedule filled and instead of blogging about my travels, I decided to spend some time sleeping. Every now and then I think I need to shut the eyes and let the brain relax. Is that possible? I think my brain rarely shuts down during supposed REM time.
So for a quick summary, the group visited the following sites on Day 2:
- Arts Clayton Gallery
- Road to Tara Museum
- Southern Belles and Whistles Tour
- Pinehurst Tea Room
- National Archives for the Southeast Region
- The Feed Store (highly recommended for anyone visiting the Greater Atlanta area or any part of the Southern Crescent)
Day 3 took us to:
- Reynolds Preserve
- Georgia Archives
- Truett's Grill (another restaurant from the Chick-Fil-A creator)
- Atlanta State Farmer's Market
- Stately Oaks Plantation
And the final day began with the alarm ringing at 4 AM so I could be picked up for the airport at 5 AM to prepare for the 6:56 AM flight to Omaha via Chicago.
Now that I am home, I'm busy trying to find a home for all the article ideas I developed while I was in Clayton County.