Thursday, October 2, 2008

Gearing up...

Chopping silage now. Should be finished by tomorrow or Saturday, I think. As long as there isn't another breakdown, should be done by then.

Combine is out of the quonset, cleaned and serviced, and ready to pick. Not sure if we'll pick corn or beans first. Bought a new bean head and I don't know if it is here yet. Haven't been down to the other farm to see if it arrived.

I think there was a slight frost last night. Should probably check the garden. I know there are tomatoes, brussel sprouts, and a load of zucchini and papaya squash out there that I really should use up. Where is the time to do that AND get my writing done? Good question.

I have a huge pan of cherry tomatoes in the garage refrigerator that I want to use to make some salsa, but I'm not sure when I'll get to that, either.

Need more minutes in the day. :)

No comments: