Monday, November 10, 2008

Here Comes the Sun

Wow! Walked to the mailbox (which was a pain in my ankle - and another story in itself) and caught a glimpse of the sun peaking out. It would be great if it would come out for awhile today, although it might be a bit of the calm before the storm.

Right now, it is 30 degrees and mostly cloudy, and later tonight, we are supposed to get snow and sleet. I am not looking forward to the nasty weather.

We are still combining corn. Maybe we can finish today. Picked enough yesterday to fill three grain carts and then had to wait for the truck to come this morning.

There will still be plenty of work to do once we finish harvesting. Have to work cattle, fix some mechanical problems on the tractors and combines, do some work on the free stall. I think the list never quits. He keeps telling me what needs to get done and I keep telling him what my laundry list of writing projects looks like and it seems like we see each other for about an hour a day before we're both too tired to stay awake any longer.

No comments: