Thursday, November 13, 2008

A Volleyball Conundrum

So, in what should be (and probably is) the Nebraska Class D-2 State Volleyball final game, Clay Center would meet Ewing in a thriller.

But, since CC and Ewing are both in the top bracket, they will have to settle to play in the semi-final match at 9:30 tomorrow morning.

Clay Center is my hometown. They have an excellent volleyball coach and even though I don't imagine I know many of the girls, it is great to see the old home team make it to state. When I was in junior high and high school, we almost made it to state once. And then the season ended and that was it. No summer league. No true weightlifting program. Done. Finito.

Now, I live in Ewing and married a native Ewing. I sub there about once a week. They are good kids, great athletes, and a pleasure to know and work with. They have been in the final game the past two years and have just come up short both times. Will this year be the year they really do it?

It should be a great match tomorrow morning. And although it will be tough to decide who should win, I will definitely be cheering for both. And it doesn't matter if I wear orange or black since both times share that commonality. It's the Wildcats vs. the Tigers. Both schools are winners!

No comments: