Monday, September 8, 2008

Beef! It's What's for Dinner

So the dairy farmer's wife entered a cooking contest...

I'm a finalist in the Nebraska Beef Council's 'What's For Dinner' Beef Cook-Off. Around this farm, beef is what's for dinner nearly EVERY night (except in the middle of summer when we have roasting ears, fresh tomato slices, and watermelon).

I'll be cooking live from the Qwest Center, Omaha, at 3:15 p.m. on Saturday, September 27. It'll have to suffice for our tailgating party since we won't be able to go to the Husker game and instead, my sister and my dad will attend. But that is OK with me. Grand prize = new kitchen appliances! I'm all in favor of that!!

That just means that if we have the appliances, we really need to get going on the new house. :)

At least that's my theory!

I'll whip up a scrumptious batch of Husker Jambalaya. No recipe posted until AFTER the contest.

Made a crock pot full of it this weekend - used Nebraska 'Jersey' sirloin steak. Mmmm Mmmm! Tender, juicy and spicy!

No comments: