Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Weird holidays - July 16

Wish someone could take over for you in the kitchen? Even for a day? Hire a personal chef today in honor of National Personal Chef Day. You can find one here. Unfortunately, I clicked on the map of Nebraska and it reports there aren't any personal chefs in the Cornhusker state.

But I know that is not true. There is a lady in Norfolk who has chosen this career path. I also clicked on San Diego since my sis lives there. A list of 33 possibilities popped up. That could be fun the next time we vacay there. :)

Since I'm Scott's personal chef - on a 3-meal-a-day basis - I'm putting in my order for dinner tonight, in case he ever reads this and decides to hire a personal chef. Let's start with a bowl of minestrone and a side salad consisting of a variety of greens, sliced strawberries, slivered almonds, and mandarin oranges topped with a tart blue cheese or lemon poppyseed dressing. For the entree, I would like a delectable pasta dish that is different from the same ol', same ol' that I can make myself. And for dessert, baked Alaska.

MM-mm-good!

No comments: