- U.S. Christmas tree farmers sold $493.3 million of Christmas trees in 2007.
- The U.S. imported $593.8 million of Christmas tree ornaments from China between January and August of this year.
- China also shipped $66.2 million worth of artificial Christmas trees to the U.S.
- 96 establishments across the U.S. manufactured dolls and stuffed toys (2006), employing 2,410 people. And we wonder why we have to import so much stuff??
- At least 691 businesses producing games, toys and children's vehicles existed in the U.S. in 2006.
- Total value of shipments for dolls, toys and games by U.S. manufacturers (2006) totaled $3.4 billion, but....
- U.S. toy imports (stuffed toys (not including dolls), puzzles, and electric trains and other popular gifts) from China totaled $4.9 billion. I'll break it down....
- $42 million = roller skates
- $136 million = athletic footwear
- $638 million = golf equipment
- #31 million = basketballs
Monday, December 22, 2008
A Bit More Christmas Trivia
OK, maybe it's not trivia. It's the cold-hard truth, compliments of the Census Bureau.